At Home Care Assistance, we are the experts in live-in care. Our round-the-clock live-in services make it possible for elderly seniors to remain independent in the comfort of home, while receiving the attention and care they need 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Live-in care is similar to assisted living except it’s in the comfort of the care recipients own home. With the help of a professional live-in caregiver, elderly seniors and older adults receive around the clock care and monitoring. Our live-in Caregivers offer the following services:
- Help with Daily Tasks: light housekeeping, dishes, laundry, picking up prescriptions and grocery shopping.
- Personal Assistance: bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, and incontinence.
- Companionship: Providing support and companionship on a daily basis.
- Supporting Health: Healthy meal preparation, medication reminders, transportation to medical appointments and help with physical and mental exercise.
Customized Live-In Care Plans to Meet Your Needs
At Home Care Assistance of Greater Hartford, CT, we understand that the care needs of every senior are not the same. Our free in home assessment gives our clients the opportunity to discuss their specific needs and care options. Home Care Assistance care managers conduct a detailed evaluation of your aging loved one’s needs, as well as consults with family members and their physician. We work with all parties to develop a personalized live-in care plan that details everything from the level of care provided to the daily care schedule.
24/7 Care Offers Peace of Mind to Seniors & Their Families
When 24 hour care is needed, families of seniors often worry about their loved one’s safety and security. Thanks to Home Care Assistance, families can relax and enjoy the feeling of comfort knowing thier loved one is in professional and caring hands 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Benefits of Live-in care include:
- Consistency of Care: Our live-in caregivers are expertly matched with the client for the length of the case. We typically assign a primary caregiver who provides care for four to five days a week and then a secondary caregiver who covers the remainder of the week.
- Value: Our one-to-one client care is the same price as a private room in a nursing home where the ratio of care is often one caregiver to fifteen residents.
- Maximum Professionalism: Home Care Assistance live-in caregivers must maintain a separate residence and are permitted on the client’s premises only during their assigned shifts. They are strictly forbidden from using the client’s property, such as phone, television, or car for their personal use and cannot have visitors to the home while they are working. Our clients can relax and enjoy the comforts of their own home, knowing that their personal space is respected.
- Reduced Risk: Home care reduces the risk of infection that can be associated with a facility environment. In addition, because our caregivers are typically only focused on one client at a time, they’re more likely to notice any problems before they become serious, which is critical to reducing hospital readmission rates.
- Quality Caregivers: We run background checks on all our potential employees and administer a psychological examination, developed by on-site PhD psychologists to tests for honesty and conscientiousness. All of our caregivers are bonded and insured as employees of Home Care Assistance, not independent contractors.
- Ongoing Expert Case Management: The Client Case Manager (CCM) is a key point of contact for clients, referral sources, and the broader community. Client Care Managers develop and oversee clients’ care plans, ensuring the highest standard of professionalism from all members of the care team. Case managers work directly with families to make sure clients are happy over the course of our service.
Rest Assured Your Loved One is in Professional and Caring Hands
Our Case Managers are experts in the senior care industry with experience and knowledge in the planning and supervising of live-in care. This strong commitment to providing exceptional care to seniors in the Greater Hartford area has earned Home Care Assistance a trusted name in the industry. Contact a Case Manager today at 860.372.4500 to learn more about our live-in care services.